Nan-B de Gaspé Beaubien
Nan-b de Gaspé Beaubien is co-chair of the de Gaspé Beaubien foundation and devotes her time to philanthropic endeavors that continue to break new ground supporting environmental causes, enterprising families and enterprising women, public health, and education. An internationally renowned expert on topic of family enterprise, she is a regular speaker at global conferences and top universities worldwide. Along with her husband, she has given conferences and workshops at diverse organizations such as the Davos Economic Forum, Young President's Organization, the Chief Executives Organization, Kellogg School at Northwestern University, Sauder at University of British Columbia, and Harvard Business School amongst many others.
Prior to this role, Nan-b worked alongside her husband Philippe in their company Telemedia, a Canadian wide media company engaged in broadcasting, publishing, satellite delivery, and cellular telephone. She held the position of Exec.VP of Human Resources.
She has served as Director of numerous companies, both private and public, among them Campbell Soup Company, and the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and she was often the first woman to do so.
Nan-b has also served with several other international or national non-profit organizations such as the:
- Harvard Business School Board Associates
- Youth Media Alliance (a Founder)
- Canadian Council of Children and Youth (President)
- Institute for Research on Public Policy
- Canadian Association of Family Enterprise
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Committee
- National Centre for Management Research and Development (Women in Management Program)
- Family Firm Institute (FFI Fellow)
Nan-b has been recognized for her contributions to Quebec and Canadian society with many awards, including:
- Canadian Broadcasters Hall of Fame
- Philanthropy Merit Award from the Quebec Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary Doctorate from the University of British Columbia.
- Canadian Business Hall of Fame